Power Dancers are the official dance team of UT Dallas. They perform for varsity athletic events and make special appearances on campus throughout the school year. They perform hip-hop, jazz and a variety of other dance styles. They also provide an opportunity for students to exercise initiative, leadership and creativity through dance. In addition, Power Dancers enjoy priority enrollment, which means they are one of the first groups to enroll each semester, no matter their academic classification.
Power Dancers ApplicationApply Now
Saturday, April 21
8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Recreation Center West
Apply by Friday, April 20
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- Current UT Dallas students must be enrolled fulltime (12 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance, physical and application) must be submitted.
Camps and Practices
- Spirit Work Week: July 16-19
- NCA and NDA College Camp at SMU: July 21-23
Practice times for fall and spring semesters:
- Tuesdays, 7-9:30 a.m.
- Thursdays, 7-9:30 a.m.
Practices consist of technique training, learning choreography and rehearsing for performances. Dancers also will be expected to workout throughout the week. In the spring, additional rehearsal days will be added to prepare for nationals in Daytona, Florida.
Power Dancers Coach
Request an appearance for Power Dancers to attend your event.